Foraging the Gulf South: a workshop on wild foods and materials - 5/14, 9am - 3pm
Saturday, May 14th, 2022
9am - 3pm @ All You Need Institute
Come learn the foundational skills for integrating wild foods and materials into daily life throughout the seasons. We will:
- Gather and learn a multitude of useful plants, mushrooms, and more in the wild
- Process and prepare a foraged meal
- Practice techniques that replenish wild foods through propagation, ethical harvesting, and ecological “gardening”.
- Understand how geography and ecology drive the availability of resources in natural communities.
- Take home cuttings for your native plant garden
Suitable for ages 13+. For large groups, ask about custom tours for scouts, families, staff retreats and more. Events are rain or shine. Full refund available up to a week before class begins. No pets allowed. Camping/rentals available on-site before or after program for additional fee. Worktrade options available, contact for details. Suggested packing list, precise location, itinerary, pre-reading, etc provided in welcome packet upon registration. Please reach to Admin@CoastalPlainsOutdoors.org if you have any questions or concerns.